GS FLX+ System
Now delivering sequencing reads up to 1,000 bp in length!
The GS FLX+ System features the unique combination of long reads, exceptional accuracy and high-throughput, making the system well suited for larger genomic projects. The GS FLX System has been at the heart of key breakthrough genomic discoveries and over 1,000 peer-reviewed publications to date.
Advancements in sequencing chemistry, instrumentation and software offer the latest improvements in GS FLX System performance, with read lengths up to 1 kb. Available as an on-site instrument upgrade or new instrument, the GS FLX+ System is designed for use with both the new long-read Sequencing Kit XL+ and existing Sequencing Kit XLR70.
- True capillary sequencing-like read lengths: Continuous development of the GS FLX Titanium chemistry now offers read lengths up to 1 kb
- Flexible sequencing formats: Broad selection of gaskets and Multiplex Identifiers (MIDs) enables efficient use of sequencing runs
- Point-and-click data analysis: Included GS Data Analysis Software for de novo assembly, reference mapping and amplicon variant analysis.
- High-throughput sequencing for a wide range of applications:
- Whole Genome Sequencing: De novo sequencing of large, complex organisms or multiple bacterial genomes in a single run
- Transcriptome Sequencing: Full-length de novo sequencing and assembly of complex organisms
- Amplicon Sequencing: High-throughput sequencing of 100s to 1,000s of samples and loci
- Sequence Capture: Targeted resequencing of whole exomes or large capture regions
- Metagenomics: Characterization of complex environmental samples; pathogen discovery
GS FLX+ Instrument: The fluidics subsystem facilitates accurate dispensing, flow and removal. The optics subsystem consists of a CCD camera which captures the light emitted in the PicoTiterPlate device wells during the sequencing. The computer subsystem controls the fluidics and optics subsystems and processes the digital images sent by the camera to extract the DNA sequence information.
|GS FLX+ System|
|Sequencing Kit||New! GS FLX Titanium XL+||GS FLX Titanium XLR70|
|Read Length||Up to 1,000 bp||Up to 600 bp|
|Mode Read Length||700 bp||450 bp|
|Throughput Profile||- 85% of total bases from reads >500 bp
- 45% of total bases from reads >700 bp
|- 85% of total bases from reads > 300 bp
- 20% of total bases from reads > 500 bp
|Typical Throughput||700 Mb||450 Mb|
|Reads per Run||~1,000,000 shotgun||~1,000,000 shotgun,
|Run Time||23 hours||10 hours|
|Sample Input||gDNA or cDNA||gDNA, cDNA, or amplicons (PCR products)|
|Multiplexing||Multiplex Identifiers (MIDs): 132
Gaskets: 2, 4, 8, 16 regions
|Computing||GS FLX+ Computing Station available|
74.3 cm × 69.8 cm × 36.1 cm (29.25” × 27.5” × 14.2”)
(W × D × H), incl. monitor 82.5 cm (32.5”) H
75.2 cm × 90.8 cm × 92.7 cm (29.62” × 35.75” × 36.5”)
(W × D × H)
|Weight||532 lbs (242 kg)|
|Power Supply||120 VAC 50/60 Hz 1250 VA
230 VAC 50/60 Hz 1250 VA
Actual results depend on specific sample and genomic characteristics.
*Consensus accuracy at 15x coverage.
Read length distribution of 1,293,269 reads from a GS FLX+ run of the parakeet genome. Mode read length is 793 bp.
|Product Name||Pack Size||Catalog Number|
|GS FLX Titanium Rapid Library Preparation Kit||1 Kit (for 12 library preparations)||05608228001|
|GS FLX Titanium Rapid Library MID Adaptors||1 Kit (for 96 library preparations)||05619211001|
|GS FLX Titanium Library Paired End Adaptors||1 kit (for 10 assays)||05463343001|
|GS FLX Titanium General Library Preparation Kit||1 kit (for 10 library preparations)||05233747001|
|GS FLX Titanium LV emPCR Kit (Lib-L)||1 kit (for 2 large volume emulsion amplification reactions)||05618428001|
|GS FLX Titanium MV emPCR Kit (Lib-L)||1 kit (for 8 medium volume emulsion amplification reactions)||05618436001|
|GS FLX Titanium SV emPCR Kit (Lib-L)||1 kit (for 16 small volume emulsion amplification reactions)||05618444001|
|GS FLX Titanium LV emPCR Kit (Lib-A)||1 kit (for 2 large volume emulsion amplification reactions)||05619114001|
|GS FLX Titanium MV emPCR Kit (Lib-A)||1 kit (for 8 medium volume emulsion amplification reactions)||05619149001|
|GS FLX Titanium SV emPCR Kit (Lib-A)||1 kit (for 32 small volume emulsion amplification reactions)||05619165001|
|GS FLX Titanium emPCR Breaking Kit LV/MV||1 kit (for 12 LV emulsion-breaking setups)||05233658001|
|GS FLX Titanium emPCR Filters SV||1 kit (64 filters)||05233674001|
|GS FLX Titanium Sequencing Kit XLR70||1 kit (for one sequencing run)||05233526001|
|New! GS FLX Titanium Sequencing Kit XL+||1 kit (for one sequencing run)||06380565001|
|GS FLX Titanium PicoTiterPlate Kit 70x75||1 plate (with accessories)||05233682001|
|GS FLX Titanium Control Bead Kit||1 kit (for one sequencing run)||05470129001|
|GS FLX Maintenance Wash Kit||1 kit||04932358001|
|Instruments & Hardware|
|GS FLX+ Instrument||Instrument||06372279001|
|GS FLX+ Instrument Upgrade Kit||Kit||05872430001|
|GS FLX+ Computing Station||Instrument||06388779001|
|GS FLX+ Computing Station Monitor||Monitor||06388787001|
- GS FLX+ System Flyer
- 454 Sequencing Systems Portfolio Brochure
- Application Note: Capturing Complex Human Genetic Variations using the GS FLX+ System
Genome Sequencer FLX Multimedia Presentation: Watch this short flash presentation describing the GS FLX Instrument and an overview of the technology involved in a sequencing run.
View Presentation »
For manuals and other system documentation, visit the customer-accessible my454 site.